The colours present around you greatly affect your life and the state of your mind at large. So choosing the right colour for your home is a big deal and you should pay great attention to it. For example, having green walls in the study room/ corner of your child can help him/ her concentrate better.; having red or blue coloured walls in your bedroom can bring romance to your married life, and so on. Therefore, we are providing you with a list of colours with their significant meaning and importance
As per the section of your house:
- Kitchen: The south-east zone is perfect for kitchens and hence, the walls of the kitchen should be tinted with orange or red colour.
- Hall: Thee hall must be in the north-east or north-west direction and hence, should be coated with yellow or white paint.
- Home exterior colour: The colour of the outer part of the house, should be based on its buyers. However, colours, such as yellowish-white or off-white, light mauve or orange, may suit people of all Rashis.
- Guest room/ drawing room: North-west is the most suitable place for the guest room/ drawing room and therefore, a guest room in this direction should be painted with white colouring.
- Kids’ room: North-west is the best spot for rooms for grown up children who go out for study purposes. As the north-west direction is dictated by the moon, the children’s rooms in this direction should be painted by white colour.
- Master bedroom: Typically, the master bedroom should be in the south-west direction and hence, should be painted with blue colour.
- Bathroom: North-west is the best spot for bathroom and, it should be painted with white colour.
As per the directions in which it is being applied to:
- North-east – Light blue.
- East – White or light blue.
- North-west – This area is akin to air. So, white, light grey and cream are the most suitable colours.
- North – Green, pista green.
- South-east – As this direction is linked with fire, orange, pink and silver colours can be used to intensify the energy.
- South – Red and yellow.
- West – It is the site of ‘Varun’ (i.e., water). So, the best pigments are blue or white.
- South-west – Peach, mud, biscuit or light brown.
Colours that you should avoid painting your house with
Some colours may have a bad effect on you and your family, thus you should try to dodge them as much as possible. Darker shades like red, brown, grey and black may not befit everyone, as they describe some of the fiery planets likes Rahu, Shani, Mars and Sun. “Red, deep yellow and black should be evaded. Usually, these colours have a tremendous intensity and it may disturb the energy pattern inside your house